Okay, so one of the hardest things to do is dress for the weather in the winter. Sometimes you feel like you have to pile on the layers just to keep warm, and then you end up feeling like this kid:
But there is a way to layer without resembling s'more filler. Try a cardigan, leggings, maybe even a scarf:
But we might want to have a chat about leggings. A pretty hot topic these days is "LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!" I've even seen a flow chart to help you determine if you're wearing pants or leggings.
This doesn't mean, however, that leggings are forbidden. I love leggings! But I would recommend following two very basic rules when wearing leggings:
Rule #1: Make sure they cover your rear end. Do not be this girl:
But back to leggings. What CAN you wear with them? Two of my favorites are the tunic and the oversized sweater:
Rule #2: If they look painted on, no. Just no. Don't be this girl, either:
Also be wary of Leggings' tricky cousin, Tights. Tights are kind of deceiving, because you think "Hey, I'm wearing tights, so it doesn't matter how short my dress/skirt is since my legs are covered!" Not true. A VERY simple rule for tights is, if what you're wearing over it is too short to wear without tights, it's too short to wear with tights.

And don't forget the importance of a good coat. Don't mismatch styles and coats- don't wear a raincoat with a dress or a dressy coat with sweatpants. Be careful matching colors, also. That's why a good, neutral colored coat is important. It will rarely clash with the rest of your outfit. Here's a lovely, neutral pea coat that you could rock with jeans or a dressier ensemble:
So in conclusion, winter doesn't have to be an obstacle for fashion! You just have to be smart about it. Thanks for reading!







That was cute and insightful. Awesome post!
ReplyDeleteGreat advice! Love the pictures
ReplyDeleteNice tips! I hope to lean more about fasion! I'm fasionably impaired so your blog is helping me a lot
ReplyDelete